…and it’s actually wearable. Maybe only under a coat to hide the one sleeve that I messed up, but I finally finished the Tab Button Jacket. Dear husband even said I did a nice job, but he has to say that.
It took me forever to finish (9 months to be exact). Not because the pattern was difficult. Mostly because I took a long break to work on Christmas knitting projects. And I have the attention span of a flea, so I was easily distracted by other projects and new yarns.
I learned I need to work on picking up stitches. I didn’t do so well around the neck. And one of the sleeves is a bit puckered and bulky because I messed up the shoulder seam. Overall though, I’m pretty pleased with the outcome. It’s not the most flattering sweater I own, but it’s a comfy sweater. The yarn is soft (Knitpicks Swish DK) and it has a nice, easy fit to it. It was a good first sweater pattern.
I learned what I did wrong on the seaming of this sweater, so the next sweater will be even better. I already have a couple of patterns picked out, but first I need to finish the two projects that are on the needles right now.