Here is a quick and easy dish that you can make with the arugula you may have planted in your garden.
- 1 loaf of Ciabatta bread
- 8 thin slices of pancetta
- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 1 or 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Baby arugula
- Slice the bread down the middle the long way and place the two halves on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cut side of each half
- Spread half of the garlic over one slice of the bread and the other half on the other slice.
- Lay the pancetta slices over the cut side of each half of bread
- Place the bread under the broiler until the pancetta starts to get crispy.
- Remove from the oven and place slices of the mozzarella cheese over the top of the pancetta and sprinkle the oregano over top of the cheese.
- Place the bread back under the broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, top each piece of bread with tomato slices and arugula. The heat from the bread will lightly steam the tomatoes and arugula.